I loved the video! I can only imagine what I would be like today trying to stay focused in class, but having students all around me, including myself, looking online at other stuff.
These are highlights from my reading about Library 2.0, which I surmise is a way to make today's library relevent to a changed society:
*This makes the library transparent.
*This librarian creates and nurtures a living, breathing technology plan.
*Libraries are not just collections of documents and books, they are conversations, they are convocations of people, ideas, and artifacts in dynamic exchange. Libraries are not merely in communities, they are communities: they preserve and promote community memories; they provide mentors not only for the exploration of stored memory, but also for the creation of new artifacts of memory.
*Library 3D People will collect librarians rather than books—the ability not just to organise, but also to annotate and compare books and other information sources, from a variety of useful perspectives.
*Library 4.0 will add a new mode, knowledge spa: meditation, relaxation, immersion in a luxury of ideas and thought.
*Millenials have very little interest in the “traditional” library.
*I joined Classroom 2.0--will take time to explore benefits. Over 9,000 people are registered!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment