

My brain hurts from exploring all the different "feeds" and options. I'm confused at how this all fits together without me spending too many hours a day looking at my blog, my iGoogle page, and my Google Reader page...in addition to all the emails and other wonderful internet stuff. I'm sure I'm supposed to link them all together...and I'll get there...good thing summer school ended yesterday!
How can this be used by the library? Cover topics addressed during weekly class visits to the library in more depth. Add student comments any news updates.
How can this be used in my class? Look for blogs and news feeds that pertain to the TEKS I'm covering.
1 comment:
I think the key to RSS feeds is to only subscribe to the sites in which are truly passionate or interested. As I was working on this "thing", I was trying to figure out how I could use RSS with my students (four year olds), but finally decided this "thing" was more for me to keep on top of new ideas and information from others. If you stick to 5-10 great blogs centered around your grade level, areas in which you feel you need to be on the cutting edge, and/or your area of expertise you will stay up to date on what is up and coming.
I have "lost" my husband for hours from all of the different blogs he reads. However, through RSS the information is coming directly to you, so you aren't spending time going to the sites in order to see their is no new information, so there is a bright side.
Post a Comment