I actually started a Wiki with this assignment. It reminds me of the value of Google Docs, where collaboration can occur on a document with no emails flying back and forth. This would work well for the team.
Some of the wikis I looked at had file cabinets, ongoing editing of student work, and charts. I would like to use the table making page...but I lost it! I'm going to have to watch the tutorials again.
Later: I did it~I entered a page and a table in my Wiki! It's nonsense at the moment, but I can see how it works.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
trial and error...that is what a lot of this learning is all about...and a major reason for this professional development--opportunity to try out and/or practice new things. we don't expect our students to be perfect when they are first learning something new...we shouldn't be hard on ourselves don't you think?
No, we shouldn't be hard on ourselves. However, I'm confused tonight about why people have to start accounts on wikis to be a member of my wiki. The instructions to get all the students an "account" sound like a lot of trouble. Even just getting team members to be able to use the wiki sounds like trouble....Sigh.
guess you can say that the "price" to be able to use these materials...
think about other things you use in real life and we all have some kind of account to be able to use them...bank account, credit card account, etc.
Take a look at Google Sites in terms of using wikis with your students...next year we will all have access to those resources ...might be "easier"
Post a Comment