I would explore what being a digital citizen means by having a discussion to assess prior knowledge and experiences. Then I would share my experiences and actually show them where I am a digital citizen professionally. Then I would lead a discussion of possible pitfalls, to see where the knowledge base is. Then I would offer examples of my own pitfalls (insulting people without realizing it, thinking I had participated when I hadn't, forgetting passwords, etc.)
I would also show examples of other mistakes and how to rectify the mistakes.
We could decide how our Tribes Agreements (or Love and Logic rules) apply to digital citizenship and make agreements with set consequences. The consequences would vary with the infractions.
I'm not sure how far I need to take this with 2nd graders, but I will give it some thought and definitely implement my plan this year.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like the way you are willing to share your own experiences with your students. I also like the way you plan to tie digital citizenship in with Tribes and Love and Logic. Brainpop has some great videos on the subject, too.
Post a Comment