I enjoyed reading 5 blogs--2 from my Westwood colleagues, 1 from Sherwood, Hollister and Tiger Trail. We have contrasting and creative expressions going on.
I hadn't thought in terms of the video, that we must MODEL and model again, proper behavior online. I use many networks to help me with teaching ideas. When I started in the district, no mentors were available. It didn't matter, because my mentors were online! Wonderful, experienced teachers shared knowledge and resources with me. There was no way to pay them back, but pay it forward.
One teacher in an online group shares ideas and personally made lessons more than any other member. She encountered some problems with aging relatives, and an expensive subscription to clipart used in her creations. We all pitched in to diminish the costs of sharing with us.
I hope everyone can experience the comradarie of communities online.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds llike a really enriching experience. Do y'all still keep in touch? There are so many creative teachers out there! It is so nice to have a way to reach out and learn from one another. I remember when we used to try and get together with different campuses in the 90's. It was so limiting compared to the networks available today!
That is really cool that you have had such a good experience with an online community. Hopefully this 11 Tools experience will help our campus be that kind of support for each other.
Some of the teachers had health problems and couldn't keep up with the online community. Others changed job descriptions. I wish I could see them! However, there seems to be a never ending pool of resourceful teachers.
I too enjoyed commenting on other people's blogs! This is a pretty cool way to not only see what other people think, but to keep in touch! It's a great way to share information with other teachers, also!
Melanie,
you are an amazing person, teacher, and colleague. You are always willing to share and support others, so maybe having your online learning communtity supported you in who you are to others. I loved working with you and new that you wouldn't let me sink or just float above the water. You helped me to feel strong and supported to keep on swimming. I love that you and I can still talk and share ideas. Keep me posted this year about any upcoming events your class would love to share.
I like that you were able to find your ideas to help your students online on your 1st year teachering. I know that experience has made you a great technology resourse for our team.
Post a Comment